Friday, September 11, 2009

With love to papa


A tribute to pa on his 54th birthday, all friends and family who wanna contribute most welcome.

I remember that ghastly January morning,
When I saw the pain in your eyes, like I had never seen before..
How wrongly I thought it was an unbearable ache cuz of the oozing blood..
Cuz I never cud have imagined that those were the silent “goodbyes’, you were biding from your painful eyes…

Oh daddy! it’s been almost 10 lonnng years,
they say times cures all the pain, but it still sooo hurts..
Yes we did learn move on, but it still aches for the missing soothing touch of yours,
Your ever so comforting shoulders,
the morning warm huggies and you tickling us with ur unshaven scraggy beard,
the sweet lullabies, even in the cold cold winter nights,
those ‘god bless you’ kisses.. and all the fun with your lovingly calling us names
We miss you when we achieve smthg cuz ur not there to share the joy..
We miss you when we loose cuz ur not there to ease the pain…

I work hard to connect with you and create a virtual bond..
But it doesn’t seem to be working.. Is my faith not strong?
I strive to be sm1 u cud be proud of to say own... Like I’ve been sooo proud to b a part of you,
only I don’t know if it matters to you anymore.. :-(

I know perhaps the others opinion shdn’t matter much,
but it touches my heart to see their eyes moisten still, when they speak of you with high regard and love..
On your birthday 09- it’s yet again us..
just left with your photos & the greetings from the people who care..
I just wanna tell you how much ‘we miss you’, please send me some sign that ur listening and that ur there
I can’t let this connection just slip away…

No this distance hasn’t weakened our bond, but yes I am saddened by you not playing along..
Ofcourse you left us with a lot of inspiration,
N you r still mentoring our path, with the way you set before us your life- a perfect example to follow
And this connection still stays…

A dedication by me to my father 11/09/09
PS: You are the most precious to me dear papa, love you lotsss… wish we were together to celebrate all your 45th to 54th birthdays and the more to come…



My Father :- composed by Shreya Gupta (august 2007)

Once after a long and weary day, I went to sleep tired and enervated
I had a dream, a long and a beautiful one,
In it I saw my father…
He was there, around me,
Watching me as the days passed and I was unaware of it
After a long and uncomfortable silence, he came to me and spoke..
He asked me why I was giving my worst in everything that I was doing
Why I was shunning my duties, why I was so drastic in my relationships,
Why my attitude towards work was so irresponsible..
For a moment I was stunned, stuck by the realization that the questions he had asked me were all justified,
I could not withstand the painful truth that lied in the reality of his questions..
But what could I possible say?
Perhaps, I was too demoralized by my continuous failures
Or was I unable to put in my best in the tasks that I excelled in earlier only because of petty things that troubled me as swords
For me it was merely like winning a battle but loosing the war..

In this state of mind, I choose to remain silent.
Understanding my unspoken thoughts my father spoke to me again..
Shreya, life wouldn't always give you what you want or what you expect out of it..
There are various phases of life, some are painful and some are filled with joy. Embrace both.
Difficult times come in everybody's life but what matters is how you take it or how you handle it.
These will teach you lessons which are thereby your experiences.
Learn from them and remember the lessons.
The wise learn from the others experiences, normal people learn from their own experiences and fools never learn.
Now it depends on you that under which you want to be categorized.
True happiness can only be endured after experiencing pain
Pain is God's test that you can not elude yourself from, you have to take it..

His essence comforted me and his words uplifted my dying moral,
As he seemed to be saying these words of wisdom to me,
I wondered if all these answers had been there around me for a very long time,
But only I wasn't able to see them..
It was as if a thirsty horse was on the river bank only it did not know that only water could quench his thirst!!!

4 comments:

shruti said...

Sweet Remembrance
In Fond memory of Late Shri Sushil Kumar on his birthday 11th sept.
(your soul departed only to reside for ever in our heart)

He was a person with statesmanship qualities and will be remembered forever. We vividly recollect his contributions to the society. His simplicity and generosity will continue to inspire us. He was also instrumental in bringing many reforms in the system which a person of high caliber like him could only do. His ideals and principles gave new direction to others.
Late Shri sushil Kumar accepted challenging jobs and completed the assigned tasks with dedication and integrity.
On this special day I deeply miss him and at the same time very much remember his long lasting association with me.

You were a true human being, simple in nature and a great personality. Your contributions to the society and nation at large will always be remembered. You were most lovable to all. Your wisdom and vision continues to guide us at every step in our life. We cherish your love and smiling glimpses coupled with caring and helpful nature.
Every moment and each day which comes our way, brings fragrance of sweet memories but miss you more than ever on your this special day.

He was not only an erudite and highly experienced civil servant but also a great personality who believed in giving others. He has left behind a very fine legacy for others to emulate.
He always reciprocated by appreciating other’s efforts in a dignified manner.
Shri Sushil Kumar has left an indelible impression that I will cherish for the times to come and fondly remember my close association as a friend.

An unforgettable personality, so simple and sober he was. I found him to be an epitome of humanity and dignity. He did laudable things for the society. The happier moments spent in the company of Sushilji are always fresh in my mind.
Shri Sushil Kumar’s close association with me is fondly remembered on this very special day. May his good deeds and luminiferous characterstics continue to guide me and others to follow his footsteps…

A few letters by Shri Adesh Gupta (a close friend of papa)

Unknown said...

there's not a way to describe the loss we are left with, with him gone...never a time when the thought doesnt bring tears to the eyes..God works in mysterious ways ....mausaji's smiling, glowing face, calming smile, kind heartedness and so many of his memories will stay with us forever....he has three loveliest daughters and they make him proud.... !!!"

shruti said...

Thanks Shruti for giving me a chance to remember the great man I had always admired. I am not sure if in their departure to Heavenly abode, our loved ones are 'gone for ever' but certainly the inspiring footprints they leave are our guiding force. I cannot pen down the greatness of Shri Suhsil Kumar Ji. However, I was fortunate to witness that glowing aura around his saintly face which is embedded in my memory for all times to come. I congratulate you and your family for being fortunate to enjoy that close a relationship with him because for greatmen of that order the whole universe is a family. thanks again. Love. Goel

From Shri Sudershan Goel (a good friend of papa)

Anonymous said...

Very nice picture of your father.